The Application Process
The major priority of the Los Angeles Unified School District is to ensure that every student is taught by a highly effective teacher in a safe and instructionally rich learning environment. The District seeks fully certified, NCLB compliant educators who are experts in their content area, innovative, pedagogically strong, and professionally committed to the welfare and demonstrated academic growth of all students.
Complete the online application, click
here to apply.
Applications will be reviewed based on the needs of the District and current selection criteria. Candidates may receive an e-mail requesting the following documents:
- References (on original letterhead, signed and recently dated) from all employers covering the last three (3) years.
- Student teaching evaluations (if credential was granted within the last 5 years)
- CA credential with an English Learner (EL) authorization OR out of state certification/license
- Basic Skills Requirements (i.e. CBEST or Approved Out-of-State Basic Skills Exam)
- Verification of Highly Qualified / No Child Left Behind (HQ / NCLB) compliance (i.e. Subject Matter Exam/Subject Matter Waiver/NCLB letter)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Additional references and documents may be requested
After application review, candidates may be scheduled for an interview with Human Resources.
Following the Human Resources interview and review of requested documentation, candidates may be asked to present a lesson.
Candidates who are placed on an employment eligibility list may interview for available vacancies. If selected, candidates will visit LAUSD Central Offices to finalize employment processing which includes:
- Health Clearance
- Salary Placement
HR Mission Statement
The Human Resources Division will staff all schools and offices with qualified certificated employees who will educate and support our diverse student population.